Craft Beer and Urban Art/Graffiti Tour
A collaboration between LA Art Tours and our friends at SoCal Brew Bus, this walking tour centers on the hottest spot in Los Angeles, the Downtown LA Arts District. Long a hotbed of the best graffiti and murals in Los Angeles, it is now also home to several great craft breweries.
Every other Saturday starting at noon.
3 beer stops
- $65 All inclusive for one
- $25 Designated Driver (tour only)
- $75 Couple split
Starts at the front gate of Angel City Brewery.
216 S Alameda St, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Our collaboration tour with SoCal Brew Busr takes you into the craft breweries of the Arts District where our beer guide will give you insight into the beer making process, tour the facility, and we’ll talk about beer – the styles, flavors, ingredients, and brewing processes. Additionally, at every stop you’ll sip on beer flights and learn how to really taste beer.
Two stops are made at the two largest breweries in the Arts District. The third stop varies by availability, and will be one of two smaller craft breweries, or the craft beer garden of LA’s largest art gallery. Whichever choice we make, you’ll love the experience. The breweries also have food options available, so you are welcome to order some bites while sampling beers.
Between breweries, our awesome urban art guide (all our guides are long time local artists with in depth knowledge and experience in the local graffiti/mural scene) will take you by a number of famous as well as hidden and less known amazing works of urban art. Works by Risk, El Mac, How and Nozm, UTI, Kofie, Colette Miller, Vyal, Shepard Fairy, Kim West and many more.
Two guides, three beer stops, dozens of amazing urban art pieces. One awesome tour. 21 and over, IDs are checked before the start of the tour. Please bring a government approved photo identification.
How far do we walk? The trips between breweries is a total of about 1.5 miles of walking.
Does the tour start on time? Yes. We suggest arriving at least 10 minutes early to insure you don’t miss the beginning.
What if I’m late? Head into Angel City Brewery and look for the group. The man checking IDs at the front can probably point you in the right direction.
Gratuity/tip? Tips are always appreciated by our guides, but never required. If you want to demonstrate your appreciation to the guide for that job well done, a tip is very welcome.
What if it rains? We still happily do the tour in the rain (murals actually photograph much better under dark skies.) We’ll even bring a few extra umbrellas for those wthout. Only in the event of severe weather (does that even happen in LA?) will we cancel a walking tour.
Do I really have to be 21? Yes. Don’t bring the kids on this tour.
Will we see art by (insert name here?) You may. If its in the Arts District, you’ll likely visit it. But the routes can vary slightly, so if you expected a particular piece of art, and didn’t get to see it, your guide will gladly point you in the right direction after the tour (or break the news gently if that piece is long painted over.)
- Please arrive 10 minutes early as the tour starts on time.
- Just tell the guide your name. No need to print out the ticket or confirmation email.
- ACTIVITY TAKES PLACE RAIN OR SHINE: The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where we are forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability) or offered a full refund.
- ACTIVITY TAKES PLACE PARTLY OUTDOORS: Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Activity involves consumption of alcohol and a waiver must be signed by all guests.
- We understand that your plans sometimes change. That is why we try to be as flexible and accommodating as possible.
- Prior to 72 hours before tour time, a full refund can be given.
- Sorry, no refunds within 72 hours of tour start time. Our guides need to get out of work and other commitments to lead the tours, so we commit to paying them whether guests show up or not.
- Up to 48 hours before a scheduled tour you can reschedule for a different date. We only allow one reschedule per booking.
The tour starts at the gate in front of Angel City Brewery. Your guides will be there at the start of the tour. There is street parking in the area, but it can be limited. There are also pay lots:
351 S Hewitt (behind the American Hotel)
222 S Hewitt
847 E 4th St